Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, August 22, 2008

Candles and Prayers

I just wanted to take a few minutes before I fall asleep to pass this along to anyone who is reading. Tonight... Sunday August 24, 2008 during the 9 pm hour the families around the country who are in the process of adoptig a child from Kyrgyzstan will be holding a candle light vigil. Prayer, Mojo, Juju, Karma, celestial celebration, however you choose or whatever each individual believes in. The main goal is draw together some of this multi/ non denominational communty to hopefully use the

power of numbers and send good thoughts (prayers,juju, karma) out into the vast space that is our world and hope that our words are heard and that they fall upon those few individuals who hold the fate of so many children in their hands.

Did anyone know ( I didn't) that the serenity prayer has many more lines then the ones we know so well???? Here is the prayer in full.

SERENITY PRAYER

God Grant me the Serenity to

accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

enjoying one moment at a time;

accepting hardship

as a pathway to peace.

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

trusting that He

will make things all right

if I surrender to His will;

that I may be reasonably happy

in this life

and supremely happywith Him

forever in the next.

Reinhold Niebuhr

1 comment:

dan said...

Hey Ann,
It's Dan Kelly at the Reading Eagle.
We'd like to take a photo of you at your home office, or whereever you write your blog from. the story is going to run Sunday so we'd need to set it up for one day this week.
I left you a phone message too. Give me a call or email me. We can take it pretty much anytime during the day this week.
Dan Kelly 610-371-5040