Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Overdue for an update. And many things to tell....

Well since I last wrote I have been pretty busy. I wish I could have gotten this blog on right away on Sunday night. But Oh well, better late then never right? This week has been pretty eventful so I will I guess just start where I left off.... My dates were a bit off on my last post. So I will start with editing that. Our candle light vigil was on Sunday August 24. This was a very hectic and busy day. As soon as I blew out my candles, I pretty much fell asleep. But I am getting ahead of myself........

For the last several weeks I have been reminded that I MUST attend a long overdue family picnic. If you have been reading along everyone knows that June and July were a bit hectic for our family. We lost two grandparents within several weeks of each other. So July 4th pretty much got post poned. Well being one of the Bates/Achey/Fizz/Kuchenbrod clan we love picnics (who doesn't). So a delayed picnic it was...... Or so I was told.... Everyone else was given a different story..... An Adoption Shower!!!! Very Cool!!!! As a coincidence ( I think not) Shannon came in from New York this last weekend. Saturday night her and Aaron left our house under the premise they were going to "make hay". Last weekend my Uncle Kenny shows up on his bike to make sure I am coming to the picnic!!! HMMM all coincidence???? Anyway I arrived at my Aunt Pam's to find many family members and a few friends had snuck in and guess what Shannon did NOT go to "make hay" I am pretty sure this was a much better past time then making hay. Let's see how good I am at just remembering who was there...... Brian's Mom and Sister (they had a long journey to make it here), Amber, Zoey, Lori, Jessica, Diana, Cassidy, Margo, Shannon, Colleen, Maureen, Sharon and her mom (wow this was the first I actually have seen her name as anyone besides Sharon's mom or Kathy's Grandmom.) Angele, Aunt Arlene, Aunt Pat, Shannon, Sueellen, Bee, Colette, Jessica, Madisson, Logan (the only boy), and of course the people who threw the party Aunt Pam (we'll have to see about getting you back), my mom, Kathy, and my niece Theresa. All these people are so excited about our little miss coming home. Many can't wait to spoil her. To know that one little girl so far away and with nothing is loved by so many before they have even met her is just amazing. Sad that we have to wait while paperwork in government's hands is being processed at a snails pace. But this just like anything else will pass. And once she is home I am certain we will not remember how long the interminable wait seemed to be. A huge and heartfelt thank you goes out to everyone who came out to support our decision to adopt. This journey is not easy but having friends and family who support the decision makes the journey much easier. Stay tuned for one of my next posts to see pics of the shower, and also some antecdotes from attendees, little notes of encouragement for a first time mother. My sister in law and Theresa had a great time and did an awesome job with the entertainment portion of the shower. There were bingo games, fill in the blank games and baby-adult matching games. Prizes like Wawa gift cards, lottery tickets, and baskets full of goodies were handed out. WOW!!!!!!!! Kathy and Theresa also helped the little kids make t-shirts and bibs with fabric markers. And Kathy's favorite game guess the baby poop was played behind the scenes to keep the guests entertained while the gifts were being opened. FOOD was plentyful... provided by my Aunt Pam, and some of the guests. Our little miss recieved her first Shelby GT mustang from her Aunt Pam. There is a closet full of clothes and a cupboard full of sippy cups. A cookie jar is now waiting to be filled with cookies for all occasions (and the cookie jar looks like KASey). Two gifts from our little miss's great grandparents (and hopefully guardian angels) were tear jerkers. First a quilt won by my grammom while she was in the nursing home, and second the guardian angel cross that was in my mommom's casket. Both were requested to be given to our little miss by her greatgrandmothers. The orphanage was not forgotten either. Each guest was asked to bring an item to be donated to the orphanage. I have a suitcase full of items such as blankets, hats, cups, socks, sippy cups, bottles and first aid items. I guess we will need a bigger suitcase!!!!! Again thank you to ALL.


LAter back at home....................... the clock watching began. At 9:15pm candles were lit all over the house. 25 candles in all. (no signifigance to the number thats just how many I had) As I lit each candle I wished and prayed upon it. I wished by name all those children that I know that are waiting. 40-60 children are waiting for their parents to come get them right now. I do not know all their names but for those I did not know they were all prayed for. Brian joined me and we sat quietly.... talked quietly and watched the candles glow on our back porch. I sure hoped that the glow of our candles was seen and the warmth felt from here in Bernville to Washington D.C. to the west coast of the United States and the on to our little country of Kyrgyzstan. Many thoughts, prayers, mojo, juju were sent up into the night to pray for the kids waiting, that they would stay strong and healthy and safe. And most of all we prayed, meditated, and wished on candles for government approval of all of our adoptions in a timely matter. As I blew out the candles I wished upon the smoke as it spiraled up and off my porch and through the night. I wished that the wishes wished upon could filter through the air like the smoke from the candles and travel into the hearts and minds of all those who are appointed to make our adoptions happen.

No comments: