Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

h Kelly and Gingus Turkey granted pardon at

Double L Stables in Argyle NY!!!!

Kelly and Gingus say

EAT TOFU RKEY


Happy Turkey Day to All! I have been pretty quiet lately ( I think most of us have). All still waiting, waiting, waiting. Evidently rumors of last week were just rumors. Nothing Nadda zilch zippo on paperwork being signed. Our Christmas miracle is starting to look a little grim. I have had many many good days lately, and I should have a light heart knowing that I will see our Little Miss in just under a week. I will get a chance to celebrate her birthday with her and hopefully with everyone involved in her care. But this trip is bittersweet. I was hoping to be able to postpone it for "THE BIG ONE". But alas that is not to be so in 4 days I will board a plane for trip 2 of 3. I can't wait to meet N, another PAP who will be there visiting, and I have been given the opportunity to have a traditional Kyrgyz meal in a traditional Kyrgyz household on Saturday night of my trip. Hopefully accompanied by N! John Wright and his team have graciously offered an invitation to join a meal in Orlofka! I really can't wait to meet the family ( family with BIG MEAN DOG) The only stipulation on the event is that I bring home pictures! Which for those who already know me is absolutely NO PROBLEM. Can't wait to post about the trip details.

I must comment on last weekend. Very filled with events. On Friday I attended the Program put on by the U.S. Department of Education. The keynote speaker was Zamira Sydykova ( I am sure I have to change that spelling and I apologize in advance that it is not spelled correctly) The United States Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan. Another PAP, P, who works at the Dept of Education was instrumental in pulling off the program. The event was the first time that the U.S. Dept of Education and the Kyrgyz Embassy collaborated on an event. Madam Ambassador did a wonderful job and was most greatful to everyone who is interested in learning about her country. I met 6 other PAP's there from around the area and across the U.S. I was so excited to finally meet my Bishkek tag team partner from California. After the program I did a photo shoot with my niece's American Girl Doll "Molly". You will most likely see more of her in the posts to come because she will be my traveling companion to Bishkek next week. Molly has been up and down the East Coast, and has a new outfit for her trip across the pond! She will also probably get to meet the Little Miss in person. Miss Molly has been a big part of our families' lives now for almost a year. She almost needs her own WHERE'S MOLLY BLOGSITE. Well after a whirlwind tour of The Washington Monument I drove past the Statue of Iwo Jima and then on to P's house where we did some girl talk and food prep!!! This was most definitely my favorite part of the day. Getting to hang out and relax and chat with others who are in this heartache with me. We know what each other is feeling and going through. So to S and P and to L and S I say thank you for a wonderful evening and I am so glad we got a chance to meet. I hope that the TAKC (Totally Awesome Kyrgyz Crew) can meet many times over in the years to come as we preserve our kids' heritage.


Saturday was a total cleaning day.... Not much more to say about that... YUCK


Sunday we celebrated Turkey Day and Everyody's Birthday at my Mom's house. My Dad, Brother, and one of my nephews all have birthdays in November, so every year we do one gigantic birthday party for them. We also sang and videotaped Happy Birthday to the Little Miss one week early. I can play it for her at the orphanage next Saturday for her real birthday!!!


Well Thats a long post...... So for everyone who read to the end HAPPY TURKEY DAY and what do you all think? I may be biased but I can't wait to gaze into these eyes again!!!

3 comments:

Jes said...

Beautiful eyes!!! Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip!

-jes

Jeanne said...

Awwww, precious eyes! So glad you can be with her for her birthday!

Pamela said...

Loved the time with you, too! Here's hoping that the TAK-C will get together again very soon...next time, with kiddos in tow! Fingers crossed!

Hugs!

Pamela