Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peace on Earth

I want to just quick start today by saying I got a phone call last night from Nicole. My Bishkek traveling partner. I was so glad to hear from her. How odd and wonderful how things work sometimes. Before December 3, I had a few emails back and forth about planning our trip. Now after 5 days together we feel like we have known each other for years. Our translater in Bishkek could not believe that we had never met before. We had never even picked up a phone and talked to each other before. But we carried on like two old friends. Anyway Nicole and I could have chatted away for hours last evening. It was so good to talk to her again and laugh about things we did on our trip, and share concern about our worries over our children. won't it be cool when we have our kids home and we can make a weekly phone call about our children's progress here in the US amongst other great, exciting, wonderful, new things!!!!!

Anyway, My Christmas song of the day ties in with Friends, new and old. What a wonderful thing to be able to say We have touched the lives of people all over the world. I sat in Moscow on the floor outside of the Irish Pub for 8 hours a few weeks ago. Next to me sat a gentleman from India (yes beard,turban and all) He spoke very little English, but again we were able to communicate. I helped him set his computer to the internet for him. He told me he was from Canada, but returning home to India for a few weeks. On the plane from Moscow to New York I sat across from a gentleman and his elderly Babushka. This really was a Babushka direct from every photo one could have seen. He took wonderful care of her. A smile and a gesture and we shared many moments of shared world peace while flying that day. During our meal he asked me in broken English/Russian/Turkish if I would like some bread. Sure.... He pulled out a very traditional middle eastern bread and broke bread with me during our meal.
If only these few encounters could just spill over to our politicians and world leaders. From Bishkek, to Moscow, to Turkey, to India, to Canada and to the United States, from Pennsylvania to California I say Peace on Earth...... Can it Be.....


Peace on Earth
Can it be
Is from now
Perhaps we'll see
See the day of glory
See the day when men of goodwill
live in peace
live in peace again

Peace on Earth
Can it Be.....

Every Child must be made aware
Every child must be made to care
Care enough for his fellow man
To give all the love that he can

I pray my wish
will come true
for my child
and your child too
he'll see the day of glory
see the day when men of goodwill
live in peace
live in peace again

Peace on Earth
Can it Be
Can it Be

David Bowie/Bing Cosby

2 comments:

Pamela said...

This post had me pausing to reflect on all of the joys and sorrows of this year. And, the Bign Crosby/David Bowie duet is one of my favorites. Thanks for providing a moment to reflect, Ann.

Kimberly said...

Oh Ann - I just adore that duet! I've never seen the video before - that was great fun to watch!
Merry Christmas!
Kimberly