Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, February 20, 2009

Hand to hand


Hello all,I know this is totally off topic. I just came from reading John's new posts at Iam1RU website. And the story about Sergey strikes very very close to home. So I thought I would take up this cause and see if I can get some others to help. A few of you here know that I am myself an amputee. Very rarely do I refer to myself as an amputee but its the truth. 11 years ago on February 28th I was in a one car accident. The driver of the car I was in swerved off the road and my hand flew out the closed window and was crushed. I lost three fingers on my right hand. 4 surgeries later I pretty much only have use out of my Pinky finger one my right hand. However the grand total for those surgeries was well over $25,000. Sergey the 30 year old man on the website definitely needs surgery sooner then later on his hand. By the looks of his fingers he will most likely lose more of his fingers. Anyway I am writing to see if we as a group could raise the funds for this man's hand surgery. You can see the story here http://simpledreamsinfo.blogspot.com/2009/02/sd-20-sergey-operation.html I hope no one minds me posting that here it is just that his story is so close to my own struggle when I lost my three fingers.

1 comment:

Matt and Pam Bean said...

I will head over to John's website now and see what I can do to help. But in the mean time, what I have to say to you is, dang you can type fast. What an amazing story and I am thinking about you every day and praying even more often about our situation. Hang in there!