Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank you! A day Late

The beginning of this post goes out to my mom and dad. Without them I would not be. Thank you for being my parents and the beginning of my family.
Even though Noodle is a million miles away and my family is not complete, I must say that I feel very blessed. I have had an amazing nine months filled with joy, heartache, tears, discovery, travel and most of all friendship. I have met new friends, made new friends via the new fangled new age internet, and through the same technology have reconnected with many old friends. I am amazed at the power of the internet.
That all said I will get on to my story.... on Saturday, my mom made her bestest and my most favoritest meal. Meatballs.. Ok and spaghetti too. But my mom's meatballs are just simply the best. Hmm somehow I forgot to take a picture of the meatballs. Oh well that just means she'll have to make more!!! My niece, nephews, and my sister-in-law had an awesome lunch ( unfortunately my brother was out saving lives he is doing his clinical rotations for his paremedic license.) My sister -in- law's mom made cake and even came by with flowers. Ok both with a story!!! First the cake... My niece wanted candles on said cake.. I said its ok... But she insisted. Well the only candles my mom had were a 1 and a 3. So I had a choice. I could celebrate my 13th or my 31st birthday. I chose 31. So This year I turned back the clock a few years and I am now 31 years old!!! The kids did their rendition of Happy Birthday. and my nephew beat me to the candles. I really hope that does not mean I missed out on making a wish on my birthday candles. Anyway My sister in law's mother dropped by with roses, a dozen actually. She said she has prayed on each rose for Miss Noodle to come home. She prayed to Saint Theresa and sent prayers up to her daughter Theresa who died several years ago. Her daughter and my niece are named for Saint Theresa!






Then last evening my work friends also bought cake (no candles this time I think the hospital would have frowned) and a peace plant. Sorry Corey I forgot the name of the plant again. And then there is facebook. WOW... I received a happy Birthday greeting from so many of my friends, both past and present!!! Thank you to ALL!!!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Happy (31st) birthday! (smile) Meatballs and spaghetti - very yummy. Prayers that Noodle will be home with you to celebrate your next birthday. We were hoping ours would be home for his first birthday in April, but we don't think that will happen. Still, we pray to God for a miracle for all of us!

Lori said...

Hope you had a great day! Sounds like it was pretty awesome to me! ESPECIALLY the time travel part! I'll totally have to see if I can work that deal out too!!!

Happy belated!

Buddy and Lauren's Kyrgyzstan Journey... said...

Happy "31st" Birthday Ann!

Drew and Rita said...

Thinking of you, Ann. Rita

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Ann! Sounds like it was a great day!