Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A weekend of HOPE



Pleased to finally meet Emma, Bekkah, Julie and John Wright







Ok so where to begin. I just don't think any words can summarize everything that happened this last weekend. I have been at a loss for words over the incredible and fabulous people I was able to meet this last weekend. First I was reunited with my Bishkek Baby Bash / travel partner. Can you believe it? She flew all the way in from Sunny California to a weekend in the snowy frozen tundra of Cincinnatti Ohio. But I know she loved it as we spent a long time capturing the beauty of the snow and ice.



Our Drive from Columbus to Cincinnati











Weekend of HOPE started out as the Wright family planning a visit with the Schoolers (David and Jayne) The weekend evolved from there into a get together from all over the country and Canada. From California to Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Ontario Canada. We were united under the Schooler's roof. When I walked in and met Hilary, Tim and Anara I said " I feel like I already know them!!!" That sentiment was echoed so many times throughout the weekend. We are all so connected through email and blog sites that we felt extremely comfortable from the minute we met. Much like meeting an old friend. David and Jayne could not get over the fact that many of us had never met before and here we were all gathered in their house. On Saturday, Jayne was hostess to at least 40 people. What a wonderful turnout. The luncheon lasted much of the afternoon which gave us all the opportunity to mingle and meet almost everyone there. I had an awesome conversation with a man who has been doing work in Kenya for over 22 years. Two years ago he was paralyzed in a car accident in Kenya and survived. Not only did he learn to walk again, he is on his way back to Kenya in March! Nic and I had the opportunity to sit and talk with Jayne Schooler and Ruby and Lynn Johnston of Lamb International and our conversation was joined by Julie and John Wright. We were given the "Soup and Soap", down and dirty about how these families all have met and how they all work with each other to help the countries of Central Asia and Ukraine. What an incredible group of people. Did I say that already??? I believe I have.


The next portion of this trip was to attend the conferences and informational meetings put on by John, Jayne, Ruby, Lynne. They outlined the work of Possibilities International, Lamb International and ActofKindness. (if you have not already checked out these sites at the end of this post I am going to link to them ) They all did a great job in pulling off their first ever get together of this kind. I can't wait to see what a second event of this type will lead to.

John speaking ate an Evening of HOPE watching are , Ruby, Lynn, David and Jane





IAM1RU..... awesome and loving this!!!


John and Jayne



Lynn and Ruby Johnston

Nicole with David and Jayne Schooler

The Wright family with Nicole and I

And last but not least I must tell of the children that Nic and I met while we were there this weekend. Beautiful children each and every one of them. All with a story of their own, All with wonderful families who are so proud to have them in their lives. I am glad I have been given the opportunity to be a part of this circle of people and can't wait to be amongst the ones who have their children with them here in the States. Miss Noodle certainly has a lot to look forward to. Traveling the country to keep up with her Brothers and Sisters from Kyrgyzstan may end up to be a full time job.
Anara is trying to decide which Tart tastes BEST...

Julie could not wait to get Anara on her lap!!!

The proud Mom's to Kyrgyz Kids




Kyrgyz Kids plus Yasmine


Andrew and his loving sisters... That or they just want his cookie!

Matthew Hilary and Anara

David and Andrew

Anara


Kaleb really.. I mean really liked the camera And this was as good as it gets for a photo of 4 toddlers with John!!!


OK so if you liked this post... check out the links to my fellow bloggers Hilary and Kim... They have also posted about this weekend's events
And for more information about John and Possibilities International and their affiliation with Lamb International
I know that this is just the tip of the iceberg to what the weekend events were.. But I hope that told the story.....














6 comments:

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann said...

Sorry Joshua I have no idea what you have posted nor can I translate it...

Hilary Marquis said...

It was a weekend to remember! You got some great pictures :) Talk to ya soon!

Drew and Rita said...

What an awesome weekend. I hope I get to meet John and so many others (you too Ann!)one day.

The Stahnke's said...

I love some of the pictures you captured. I was happy to get what I did with chasing down a toddler all afternoon and evening. I will be stealing a few of your pictures though. Once again, I am so glad I got the opportunity to meet you. I will be praying for you and your daughter. I hope she gets to come home to her mommy real soon.

Kimberly said...

LOVE the pictures of Kyrgyz kids!
Your trip sounds amazing! Wish I could have joined you!
I know one day we will get to meet in person!
Kimberly