Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Road Less Traveled


This is perhaps one of my most favorite poems(although may be a tie with the one hundred years from now...... poem). Perhaps this poem best describes my life in general. I have never done anything the easy way or the most obvious way. But This certainly describes the last year. And the choices I have made.


ROAD LESS TRAVELED

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other as just as fair

And having perhaps the better claim

Because it was grassy and wanted wear

Though as for that, the passing there

Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet, knowing how way leads onto way

I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence

Two roads diverged in a wood

And I took the one less traveled by

And that has made all the difference


Robert Frost

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Also one of my favorites and very fitting.

Lori said...

Isn't it amazing how just a few words can describe so many feelings by so many?
Hoping that the next week or two is full of promising and definitive news!

Kimberly said...

that is a beautiful poem - not sure I've ever read the entire thing before.
Happy Easter! Can't wait to meet in person this week! :-)

Margaret and Tom said...

Love that poem Ann!