Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Russian Lessons, Prayer Cards, agility instructors and Swim meets!

Oy now how can all those things be related to one post? Hmm well they are not all interrelated really, they just all happened to be part of my last few days. My last post sort of sums up my state of mind over the last few weeks. Sad... I still miss my handsome Ripley dog endlessly. But I have gone hrough the grief process, and I can finally look at photos without crying. Some days I still can't believe he is not here..... But anyway like I said I have moved through the stages of grief, and I am trying to revamp my world.

Last week I started formally taking Russian Lessons!!! Yeah! I have a semi-private lesson every Thursday evening. My fellow russian student is one of my neighbors. (We'll call him Q because I do not have permission to post his name) I have known Q and his twin brother C since they were born. I worked in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit where they stayed for several weeks. I did not stay in contact with them and their parents. But eight years ago we moved to our current house. Our first meeting with Q and C's parents went something like this... " Wait a second we know you!!! You were a nurse in the NICU when we had the boys!!" Why yes... yes I was and I remembered them well. Goes to show you just how small this tiny world is that we live in. And now 14 years later I am in Russian classes with Q! Lets just say Q can run circles around my Russian skills. But I am studying hard and I hope to at the very least keep up with him. Our instructor comes to us!! And guess what??? She is originally from Kyrgyzstan. Again... small world. So last night I felt like I was in 1st grade again. (and after this post I will go back to my studying) I was very busy and studiciously writing my Cyrillic letters each 10 times so I can memorize them. We jumped right in last week. And I need to be able to read a bit better this week.

Next topic-- hmm you know what I am going to post this as its own topic... After I finish some studying.. It is too important to be smuggled in here between the Russian and the agility.

I am proud to report as my third topic of this post, that I have started to help teach agility lessons with my agility instructor. I went out last week to help her. We had a blast. My dream job would be to raise and train dogs for a living. Anyone want to invest???!!!!

On to swim meets. As a kid, my brother and I swam all Summer long. Once I hit Junior High I started swimming on the Winter team as well. I swam all through high school. Long distnace freestyle! Boy could not do that if I tried right now.... But I am wandering. My niece has started swimming! She has been swimming on the team for a few weeks now and her strokes are greatly improved in one month. Last night I went to her swim meet. wow blasting back to the past. The memories were golden. She swam at one of the pools we used to swim at. My brother and I sat and reminisced about the summers at the differnt pools. Hopefully I will get a photo posted here soon of her. (I forgot my card at home tonight)

Well thats what is what in my world right now. Trying to stay busy... Stay patient and stay focused on life. Patience, Patience, Patience...

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm glad your heart is feeling a *bit* more peace after losing Ripley...I know how much it hurts, and sadly, we don't think we are looking at too many more days with our 13 year-old Golden, Raleigh, and it already is starting to sting like when we lost our dear Random.... We just have to keep hold to how much joy they bring our lives when we have them...at least that's what I try to tell myself!

Always hoping your patience pays off soon!