Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, August 7, 2009

155th Annual Reading Fair



Ever since I was a little girl one of my favorite times of the year has been fair season. I can remember going to all the different fairs in and around Berks County. The grandaddy of all fairs (well in our area that is) is the Reading Fair. The fair has changed over the years. The original location for the Reading fair is now a shopping mall. Back then I can remember going not just one night to the fair but several. Either with my parents or with my grandparents. We were always there. Cotton Candy, Funnel Cakes, Candy Apples, Sammy's french fries, Pizza, Games, Prizes, Rides. The sites, the smells, the food, the games... they have not changed much. But the location sadly has. Although the new location seems to be a great improvement to the few years that they attempted to squish everything in the parking lot of the mall that took over its location, or Kutztown which seemed all wrong. (Kutztown is like 30 minutes north of Reading and seemed just wrong to have the Reading Fair no where near Reading) The last few years the fair has been held just slightly north of Reading an awesome location appropriately close to the Reading 4-H building.
Tonight we continued the Reading Fair tradition with my niece and nephew. The kids had a blast. I am still walking quite slow, so it took us pretty long to get through the whole fair. All the old favorites were there. I could not really ride the rides, but Theresa and I were able to get on the Ferris Wheel. This was the longest ferris Wheel Ride I have ever been on. We rode for at least 20 minutes. At one point I told theresa I thought that we were being held hostage! But we had a blast.
We took a quick trek around the original intention of the Reading fair..... the agricultural section. Cows, Sheep, Pigs, goats, rabbits, fruits and veggies... I hope that when Noodle comes home and gets a bit older she will want to do 4-H. I would love to partake in the fair as exhibitors of whatever choice animal she decides we should raise (well except pigs!!)




Well we had a great night.. enjoy the photos!







1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Looks like a blast! So glad you were able to get out and about - slowly or not :-)