Kyrgyzstan Map

Kyrgyzstan Map

WAITING FOR NOODLE

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, August 7, 2009

A Beautiful Portrait!!


Just after my sweet Ripley dog died, Emma started offering to do portraits to help support her trip back to Central Asia. She wants to stay longer on her next trip and is hoping to do this by using her talents as an artist. I first saw her work back in January at the weekend of Hope in Ohio when she had a portrait with her of one of the children who has been adopted. I have always wanted a larger version of one of my favorite pictures of Ripley and Ryott together. Just never got around to it. But now thanks to Emma.... I have an absolutely amazing 11 x 14 painting of my two beautiful blue boys. Everyone who sees the painting is just in awe. And to think this was Emmas first try at animals. I think she did a marvelous job. I made Ryott pose next to the painting. Emma's work is found at http://www.customportraits.blogspot.com/ . Thanks Emma I absolutely love the portrait!!!! I can't wait to get it framed.

5 comments:

Lori said...

AMAZING!!! What a great idea!

Kimberly said...

that is awesome! I love it!

Christina said...

Love it!!!!!!!

Hilary Marquis said...

Stunning! I need to scan and post the one she gave us as a gift of Anara in Ohio ;)

Hilary Marquis said...

WAIT! Bekah did that one!